Sunday 10 February 2013

10th February - Dennis the Menace

Stu Monroe recently gave my blog a plug and so this balloon is dedicated to him, Stu is an cartoonist, he has a brilliant cartoon strip called Ray the Otter and has drawn various cartoon strips for the Dandy (including Beryl the Peril) and currently draws for my favourite childhood comic, the Beano.

So as a thank you and congratulations for your achievements, here is Dennis the Menace, He is made from roughly 1 million balloons (well it seemes like it), actually its 15 balloons, firstly his face is a 260, then his hair is in 2 layers, a first flat layer of black and then the spikes added on top, this took 4 x 160s.

Next came his body, 1 red and 1 black 260, his shorts are another 260 and then his legs and shoes are 2 more 260s. Now I added his arms (another 260). finally I made a catapult from a 160, 2 hands from a 160, socks from another 160 and a nose from a last 160.

Denis the Menace took me about 90 mins, this was mainly because I didnt really know what I was doing and was making it up as I went, next time I make him I think I would make his body broader (he is too skinny),



No comments:

Post a Comment